Hultgren to Join Veterans Forum at Geneva American Legion
Washington, DC — U.S. Representative Randy Hultgren (IL-14) will join a forum on Friday, March 3 with veterans at the American Legion Fox River hosted by the Kane County Veterans Assistance Commission. The event will feature representatives from Edward Hines, Jr. VA hospital and the VA Regional office (Chicago). Rep. Hultgren will address pressing issues with the VA healthcare system, hear directly from veterans and answer questions at the forum.
“Veterans deserve our utmost respect, and that includes making good on our promises to them,” said Rep. Hultgren. “I look forward to joining our local veterans, their families and key representatives from the VA to discuss and address ongoing issues and concerns with VA healthcare, disability, pensions, survivor’s benefits, job-seeking assistance and other services for veterans. Hearing directly from Illinois veterans and their families informs my work on their behalf in Congress.”
Congressman Randy Hultgren (IL-14)
Jacob Zimmerman, Superintendent, Kane County Veterans Assistance Commission (VAC)
Hughes Turner, Executive Director, VA Regional office (Chicago)
Dr. Steve Braverman, Director, Edward Hines, Jr. VA hospital
Friday, March 3, 2017
2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. CT
American Legion Fox River
22 South 2nd Street
Geneva, IL 60134
Rep. Hultgren has consistently stood up for veterans in Congress:
- Since the Veterans Health Administration scandal broke in 2014, he has visited and met with leadership at the Capt. James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center in North Chicago, and demanded action for Illinois veterans whose healthcare needs may have been neglected or ignored at VA facilities.
- He sent a letter to the Secretary of the Veterans Administration, demanding answers on why the VA has still not implemented a key portion of the major VA overhaul, the Veterans Choice Program.
- He has convened VA representatives in Illinois to meet with local veterans to be held accountable for delays and mismanagement of care.
- He hosted a veterans forum to discuss best practices regarding the implementation of Veterans Treatment Courts, a structured justice and treatment system tailored to veterans’ needs.
- He cosponsored the Veterans Timely Access to Health Care Act to ensure veterans can get access to care within 30 days of original contact with the VA.
- He has introduced legislation, the Protecting Veterans Credit Act, to protect the credit rating of veterans and prevent them from unnecessary financial hardship due to delayed payments associated with the Veterans Choice Program.
- He supported House passage of the Hire More Heroes Act, a bill he cosponsored which encourages small businesses to hire veterans by providing relief from the Affordable Care Act’s burdensome employer mandate.
- He co-sponsored the Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act, a bill which enables eligible veterans members who served in the territorial seas of Vietnam during the Vietnam War to receive VA health benefits from diseases linked to Agent Orange.