Service Academy Nominations
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As your 14th District Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
U.S. Service Academies:
- U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York
- U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland
- U.S. Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, Colorado
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, New York
- U.S. Coast Guard Academy at New London, Connecticut
To help with the process, Congressman Peter Roskam and I have brought together representatives from all service academies for an event on Saturday, April 22, 2017. This event will provide high school and middle school students, parents, teachers, and school officials with the information they need for a successful application.
Download the following U.S. Service Academy Nomination Application and Information Packet.
If you are having trouble with the link above, please follow the steps below:
- Right click the link and select "Save Link As" (Internet Explorer users "Save Target As")
- Follow prompts to save the file to your location
- Specify the location on your computer where you want to save the file, and click the "Save" button.
- You may then open it within Acrobat Reader.
For more information, please review my page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Service Academy Nomination.
If you have any questions regarding U.S. service academy nominations, please contact my Service Academy Nomination Coordinator, Carol Berger at 630-584-2734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.